Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh man, it's Oman!

First of all, har-dee-har to the title. I have heard this so much over the past few days.

But on to the actual topic. A photo montage of Omani fabulousness.



I'm going to be living in Muscat, up in the northeast.

Omani Castle/Fort!
Muscat! This is where I'll be living next year! Gorgeous, eh?

More forts/castles :)

 
Ahhh gorgeous!


Okay, look that that. Now look again. That picture makes you want to come visit me next year, doesn't it?


Omani flag!


The last three are Muscat, the city I'll be living in!
Even McDonalds in Oman is awesome looking.

Gateway into Muscat!


Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque!


OMANI FOOD! omnomnom (which, in my head, turns to omanomanoman)


Omani souqs! :D


His Majesty Qaboos bin Said al Said, Sultan of Oman. From what I hear, he is very well loved by the Omani people.

My personal favorite... the Omani camel-back bagpipe-playing military band! Only one in the world! 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures, Emma!!! I almost got jealous, and then I remembered that I was going to be in New Delhi! :P Haha. Not the same charm, perhaps, but awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I can't wait until I can post pictures of my own!! ahh oman. :) Harriet, New Delhi is awesome too! I just googled it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the picture of the white mosque, with all the domes isn't in oman. its in abu dhabi. :P and im not sure about the second one. but the first one is the grand mosque.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google Images lied to me :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha google images...
    AHHHH Emma great post the food pics are torturing me xD See you in few months (June to be exact)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even more exactly... June 28th!!! :D AHHH JAI YAY OMAN.

    I keep freaking out happily :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Support Nobel Peace Prize for His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Al-Said. http://www.facebook.com/sultanqaboosbinsaid

    ReplyDelete
  9. would love to listen to the bagpipers on camelback something new and interesting never heard of!!!!!!! and as usual oman is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete