Thursday, September 8, 2011

This week has been absolutely crazy! Majnuun, as you say in Arabic! I had a bit of a fiasco with dehydration that landed me in the hospital with a drip in my arm, but I'm all better now! Thank goodness, the staff at AMIDEAST and my host family are absolutely wonderful. The worst part was that I missed the first day of school, but I made it to the second! I'm attending the Al Ibdaa International School with Quin, and so far I find that it's nothing like American school! Not bad, but very different. The girls are very nice and welcoming, and the boys like to STARE! We are the first foreigners at Ibdaa pretty much ever (other than a group of Brits in 2005 who were there for 2 weeks) so people don't stop staring! I guess I'm getting used to it, but it sure is weird!


school uniform!

We've also done quite a bit with AMIDEAST. We met the US Ambassador (and were in at least 4 papers!), visited a wonderful museum called Bait al Zubair, and went bowling! It's been a very busy last few days, but I've been having a lot of fun! I'll try to post longer, more interesting reads later on, but it's quite late so I'll leave you with a few pictures!

Ma'a Salamaa!





















Emma

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh, hospital stints on your first few days of exchange! :( That sucks, but glad you're doing better.

    The pics are gorgeous and the food looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete