Thursday, January 12, 2012

Makeup: a Lifestyle

I've always been told that "good makeup is makeup people can't tell you're wearing," but in Oman this is just about the exact opposite of the truth. Crazy makeup is all the rage. Fabulous makeup is commonplace. It's most commonly seen at weddings, but also it's fairly common to see crazy makeup at the mall or beach or wherever. 

This morning, one of my host sisters asked if she could do my makeup. Thinking it would be fun, I agreed! An hour later, I had gone from plain old Emma to an exotic creature with pink and purple eye shadow. Generally, I'm not much of a makeup person, but Omanis are quite different in that sense! Everyone dresses up for essentially everything, and makeup is one of the most important aspects. My host sister is quite the makeup application master! Here are some pictures:







This is "light" according to my host sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment