Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy (American) Mother's Day!

Today is not Mother's Day in Oman ( 'twas a few months ago), but as it is in the USA I want to take a minute to thank my wonderful mother for everything she has done for me. Throughout my life, she has been there for me through thick and thin, and I'm so grateful for everything. You've supported me entirely on this journey to Oman even though it may not be exactly what you wanted for me to do all the time. Nonetheless, you stood behind me 1000%, and I'm so grateful. I love you so much!

Likewise, I want to make a shoutout to everyone who has ever been a host mom. I don't know if you know it, but you have impacted your exchange student's life in ways that no one else possibly could. Exchange students need and crave someone to be a mother figure--for most of us, it's our first time away from our own mothers-- and anyone who steps in to that role is someone to be admired. So from me, on behalf of every exchange student ever, thanks to the host moms for taking a (potentially) unruly teenager from thousands of miles away into your life! It means the world to us! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you, too, and admire your courage, vulnerability, and reflectiveness on your experience. You are an inspiration!

    I, too, have much gratitude for host moms. On behalf of every exchange student's mom ever :), I am grateful indeed to know that you have someone else there for you this year.

    Can't wait to see you in a few more weeks.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete