Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Home

I'd like to take a second to define home, as I see it now. This is not an officially recognized definition, but it certainly serves the purpose I have. Home, to me, is the place that drives you insane. It makes you bored, but when you leave, all you want is to go back. All of the memories are happy. Everything there glistens with nostalgia.

I felt that way a lot when I first arrived in Oman. My house, my town, my state, my country seemed to be the only place I would belong.

Over time I sensed a change in myself. Oman has become my home, and the first time I realized that was when I began to notice that I get bored here. It happens. Boredom is a part of life.

People say that home is where the heart is, and that is true for me. I have two homes because I have emotional ties in two places.

Short post, but I really do feel at home here now! I love Oman!

No comments:

Post a Comment