Monday, September 14, 2015

Fil Ba7r...On the Beach!

This weekend ended up being absolutely fantastic. I moved in with a new host family after deciding with the program director that it would be best for me to make a switch, and I'm loving my new host family situation (I'll write more about how wonderful they are later!). I'm living now in La Marsa, one of the northernmost suburbs of Tunis. It's also conveniently close to the beach, where I went this weekend with most of our group!

We're not in Wisconsin anymore, that's for sure! All photo credits to Taylor and Amy.

The Mediterranean is absolutely lovely. If you ever get a chance to visit, please go for it! Crystal clear water, lovely beaches, and of course the incidental man peddling a bike-on-a-raft contraption. 

Chweya (a little bit) Arabic for you today: ba7r (7 pronounced as a breathy h) means ocean or sea, assiba7a means swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment